miércoles, 9 de febrero de 2011

it was just a walk

It was Quito in a horrible time; it was me walking and thinking in everything, sometimes about life, sometimes about the past and also about changes. Sun took vacations and a cloudy sky visited my city, someone at the university said, “Oh my God it is like London”. That was true, Quito with that horrible weather became a fashionable and formal city with thousands coats walking at the streets, some scarves breathing rain, many gloves touching the city, just dark colors and lots of coffee for getting warm.
One, two and three weeks, nothing changed the same rain and the same behavior, more preoccupations and fears. Each day I walked more and more. At the beginning my fears stopped mi intentions but then the time worked in a correct way, so I walked two kilometers a day, maybe because my grandmother used to love visiting Carolina´s Park. It doesn´t matter neither rain nor wind because I was trying to find someone in that place who wasn´t there. it was the time when my grandmothers body rested in a hospital room while her energy was with me.
It was Quito in that horrible week or that horrible season while I walked hours down rain, the same rain which told me that the woman I was thinking has left home. It was the rain that showed me a little girl no more than 5 years old with the same green eyes of Emma who told me bye. Few minutes later my phone rang…

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario